From choosing an outfit to buying a present, wedding etiquette can be a minefield.
One wrong step and even the most well-meaning guest can quickly find themselves being remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Now a list of the top 20 worst wedding faux pas has been published and it reveals some surprisingly simple mistakes many might find themselves guilty of making.
A tasteless best man’s speech topped the list, proving that it is one of the most difficult tasks on the big day.
More than a third of respondents said they had heard speeches that mentioned past girlfriends and unflattering exploits that would have been better left unmentioned.
While wedding days can be long, people agreed that leaving before the end of the speeches was unacceptable and put the early departure second on the faux pas list.
Inappropriate outfit choices appeared multiple times on the list. Wearing an overly-revealing outfit was considered the third biggest mistake, one place above wearing all-black or all-white for the occasion.
Opting for a dress that was very similar to the bridesmaids’ gowns was also on the list – coming in seventh place.
See the list below……..
1. Bad taste best man’s speech
2. Leaving before the reception speeches are finished
3. Guests wearing outfits that are far too revealing
4. Wearing all white or all black
5. Bringing someone who was not invited/failing to RSVP but turning up/arriving late/changing table places
6. Taking flash photography at the ceremony
7. Wearing a dress very similar to the bridesmaids
8. Blocking out the view of others in church with very large brimmed hats
9. Wearing sunglasses in church
10. Getting drunk/rowing and causing a scene
11. Forgetting to turn the ringer off your mobile phone for the ceremony or speeches
12. Turning up in jeans
13. Being too aggressive when trying to catch the bride’s bouquet
14. Mistakenly wearing black tie and dinner jacket
15. Arguing with partner
16. Aggressive dad dancing
17. Photo bombing official photos
18. Posting on social media when asked not to
19. Forgetting the names of the bride and grooms parents
20. Trying to chat up the bride or flirt with the groom
Culled from Dailymail