My latest video, a 2 part video is out and this time I sat down with the leading bridal hair stylist in the UK, Tola Olayanju of Charis Hair. Tola has worked with the likes, of Funke Akindele, Lola OJ and over 300 brides worldwide. She is known for her creative bridal hair styles, a Charis Hair bride definitely stands out from any other bride. Please see below a summary of the video:
The Head hairstylist at Charis Hair, Tola Olayanju shares her tips. She gets inspiration from known hair stylists in Dubai and Russia and right before she creates a masterpiece she goes by how she ‘feels’ the hair should look
– Prepping of the hair according to Tola is the most important part of bridal hair styling. She compares it to architecture; your foundation has to be laid
– Contrary to popular belief, she advises against Peruvian and Brazilian weaves for bridal styling. Peruvian is too fine and Brazilian is too coarse
– Brides should ensure they book creative hairstylists who can make sure they look different from other brides. If you can’t book a creative hair stylist she suggests you get a statement hair piece
– Brides should embrace colour in their bridal hair looks. She says colour brings out the beauty of the hairstyle
– Booking your bridal hair stylist as soon as you have your wedding date as known bridal hair stylists tend to be booked up quickly
– Upcoming bridal hair stylists to persevere, she says it is not going to be easy but once you are persistent, consistent and unique you will make it!
To win a wig from Charis hair wig line and also get a 10% discount on Charis Hair’s bridal services follow @charishair @getweddingready & @wuramanola on Instagram and share the short clip video seen on these Instagram pages with the hashtag #CharisHairxWuraManola. We will be picking the winners in May!