First and foremost, you need to understand that your partner cannot think the same way you do because of the differences between you two- this may be factored to the upbringing, environment you lived in, culutral belief, religious belief, among all other things.
But, have you ever asked yourself how would it be if your wife/husband think or act just the same way you do?
- You may not likely grow individually
- You wouldn’t have to get out of your comfort zone.
- You wouldn’t have to enter into someone else’s world.
But, if you actually try to embrace each other’s differences then it may actually give you a more balanced, and better life.
So how do you embrace these differences:
- Firstly, you need to identify your differences and know where and how you are different from your partner. Not in general terms but specific terms. You can list them out to have a clearer picture of it.
- Once you have been able to identify your differences, acknowledge your differences. Accept your partner for who he/she is.
- lastly, leverage on your differences. Differences are not something to be resented. They are something to celebrate and use.