In every relationship, we all aspire to have a long-lasting one that can lead to marriage, which is the ultimate goal of being in a relationship. But, in as much as we continue to practice some bad habits, the dream/goal of your relationship may not come to reality.
If you have been doing this 7 things in your relationship, and you really do not want your spouse to leave you, then I think it is time for you to desist from the habit:
- Constant lying: When you did something that you know your spouse/partner wouldn’t approve of, it can be tempting to lie to him/her about it. While it can be easy to lie, remember your lies will haunt you down the road. If you really love each other, you should never be afraid to tell the truth, no matter how hard it can be. A strong relationship is never based on lies.
- Desire to cheat on your partner: One of the worst temptations that ruin a relationship is the desire to cheat on your partner. If you are in a long lasting relationship and you meet another guy/lady, everything can become so complicated. The only way to maintain your relationship strong is to refuse to give into that dangerous temptation, if you really love your partner.
- Stealing your partner’s things: When you are in a long term-relationship and you are living together, it can be tempting to steal your partner’s clothes or cash without asking him/her. While many couples are okay with it, others may not be comfortable with it. Your spouse/partner has the right to know what you take or how much money you take. Don’t take anything without asking for permission if you want to avoid unnecessary arguments.
- Spending more time with friends: When you are in a very long-term relationship, you might get jealous of all of the parties and free time your friends (especially the single ones) have. But, don’t allow the temptation of alone time to ruin your relationship. If you wish to spend time with your friend at a particular time or day, you just need to discuss it with your partner and rearrange your schedule.
- Putting no effort in your relationship: Because you have been together for a long time, you may feel so comfortable that you may stop putting effort into your relationship. While comfort is a great thing, it can be dangerous as well. No matter how long you’ve been together, you still have to put effort into your relationship to make it last.
- Constant fights: When you are in a bad mood, it’s so easy to scream at your partner to let out your emotions. However, he/she could get offended and may lead to unnecessary argument. Don’t risk upsetting your partner, scream into a pillow if you are tempted to vent. It may sound funny, but it actually works. Never blame your sweetheart for problems that he/she didn’t cause. It’s one of the best ways to keep your relationship strong.
- Taking your partner’s effort for granted: Just because you can walk all over him/her, doesn’t mean you should do it. If he/she washes your clothes for you and makes you breakfast every single morning, let him/her know that his/her hard work is highly appreciated. Treat your partner with respect and don’t take his/her efforts for granted.
I hope this highlighted habit would go a long way in repairing some damaged relationships and also caution a good-to-go relationship.
If you know any other warning sign or bad habits that may ruin a relationship, please feel free to share.