A happy marriage is not based on the number of days, months or years you have been together, a happy marriage is about how much you love each other every day. And happy marriage does not come easy, it takes hard work, patience and dedication. Here are few tips on how to stay happy and health in your marriage. Hoe it helps…
- Try and keep your relationship off social network: Often time, some people tend to vent and talk badly about their spouse on social media, which I feel may affect your relationship. If you have any issue with your spouse, try and talk it out with him/her directly. Bringing it all up on social media may reveal how insecure you are.
- Be truthful to each other: Lies complicate issues. And one thing about lies is that, it just does not stop there. It gets bigger and bigger till there is no more trust in your relationship. No matter how hard it may feel, we need to be truthful to our partner.
- Help each other: You have to be there for each other. It may not be easy at times due to the rigorous stress of life, but when you know your partner really need a helping hand, please be there.
- Spend time together: Have fun together, leave that comfort zone and enjoy the cool atmosphere. You can go to the movies together, zoo, etc. Just make sure you are having fun in whatever you do.
- Remember you are two in one: It can be so easy to forget about your roles as husband and wife. Sometimes you get so busy with jobs and being a mom and dad that you forget that you need to focus on your relationship. It is important to make time for your marriage and try to focus on that, instead of diverting your attention on irrelevant matters.
- Be respectful: Having respect and giving respect to your spouse are such basic steps to having a successful marriage. If you don’t feel respected then you probably aren’t going to feel very loved by your spouse either. If they don’t respect you, how can they love you? If you don’t respect them, then how will they know you love them? Also,why would you want to be with someone who you don’t respect or that don’t show you respect? There might be times or days where you aren’t as respectful as you should be, but overall, you should respect each other.
- Work it out together:There are going to be hard times in your life and hard times in your marriage, that is pretty much guaranteed. It’s important to remember that these times pass and that things will get better with time. So stick it out and fight through these hard times. You just have to be strong for each other in these trying times.