Are you married? or newly engaged? Have you been wandering what it takes to have a long lasting marriage with your spouse? If yes, then here are 7 inspiring quotes that can guide you all the way. Read carefully and digest patiently. Hope it helps…….
1. ” Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate but through being the right mate”- Barnett Bruckner. The secret to finding your true everlasting love is to become the love you seek. If you want someone to love, honor, and appreciate you then you must learn to love, honor and appreciate yourself first. Why? Because we teach others how to treat us by how we treat ourselves. Become the love of your life and the love of your life will find you.
2. ” If most of your argument starts softly, your marriage is likely to be stable and happy” – John Gotten. Rather than bark at or attack the love your life when disagreements happen, begin with saying a few things you appreciate about your love. Keep the middle of your conversation focused on the one issue or disagreement and end with something kind. You are far more likely to achieve a successful outcome, even if you simply agree to disagree, than if you assault your partner with ugly words.
3. ” It is not a lack of love but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages” – Freidrich Nietzsche. Let your spouse be your best friend. Remember before you got married to her, you were friends, and friends grew to become lovers. Do not take away friendship from your relationship. It is the foundation of what leads to a perfect couple..
4. ” Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side” – Zig Ziglar. When you said “I do,” you joined forces, clasped hands, and walked down the aisle together as a united couple. When the outside world of kids, money, in-laws, outlaws, work, and home ownership tries to burst your love bubble and tear the two of you apart, remember, you’re on the same side.
5. ” Happiness is not something really made, it comes from your own actions”- Dalai Lama. Your happiness lies within you. What have you been doing to make yourself happy in your marriage? How has it been helping your marriage? you have to be happy within yourself because it is only by that it can become visible to everyone around you especially by your spouse.
6. ” For it was not into my ear you whispered, bu into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul”- Judy Garland. Every day, for the next 30 days, practice the art of the 30 second kiss. That’s right, take your sweetie in your arms and pucker up. Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the static and chatter in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace. And don’t forget to hug the love of your life as well. Hugging really does make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It reduces stress and tension and provides an overall sense of calmness.
7. ” You are one with your husband until you believe the thought that he should look a certain way, he should give you something, he should be something other than what he is” – Byron Katie. To remain one with your partner, allow him to be who he is. To believe the thought that the one you love should change to suit your expectations is an illusion. When we allow each other to be who we are without jealousy, envy, or anger the marriage relationship reaps the rewards of trust, appreciation, and love.
Source: Marriage is Beautiful.