Now the question is this.. How do one feel secure in a relationship? what must be done to make your spouse feel secure and safe with you?
In actual sense, feeling safe and secure is actually a personal decision from you and a joint effort from the spouse. It is one thing for a partner to make it work and it is another thing for the other partner to support it.
However, feeling secure and safe should be the highest priority and here are ways to go about it:
- Respect each other: Loyal spouses listen carefully and attentively to each other. They don’t let their loyalty lie with the TV, their phone, or with their computer. Loyal spouses always speak highly of each other, especially when their spouses aren’t around.
- Stand up for each other: Loyal spouses stand up for each other in all situations. Is someone poking fun at your wife/husband or making a cutting remark over dinner? Don’t laugh. Instead, politely ask them to knock it off and then share something you love about your wife/husband.
- Keep private things private: Loyal spouses keep certain things just between the two of them. Ladies, this means you need to keep your distance with your mom. Don’t push her away, just keep a healthy distance. Mom doesn’t need to know every detail about your intimate life, your financial situation, or your little disagreement last night.
- Your spouse should be your highest priority: After God, your spouse should be next. You should put each other first — above work, above hobbies, above crafting, above golfing, above cleaning the house, above friends, above extended family, above babies.
- Your partner is your best friend: Loyal spouses are each other’s best friend. They cultivate romance, love and intimacy on a regular basis. They remember each other’s birthday and anniversary. They encourage and stand by each other during stressful and challenging times. Loyal spouses give their best selves to their spouse rather than leaving them with the leftovers. They strive to be better for each other each and every day and love sincerely and deeply.