Instead of minimizing negatives- arguments, emotional distance, infidelity etc, while not maximize the positive- teasing each other, providing support, be there for each other.
Setting positive goals for your relationship can make you happier as a couple. Although, you may not always achieve all the positives you seek but, it is important to realize that positivity is important when we set goals.
Here are 5 ways to create a positive approach in your relationship:
- Be grateful: Remembering to thank your partner seems simple, but gratitude may provide the everyday dose of sparkle that keeps you glued together over the long haul. Gratitude helps remind us of the good qualities in our partners.
- Have fun with each other: When your life consists of nothing but working, paying bills, cleaning, and sleep, play can disappear from a relationship. You have to keep it alive by having fun, joking around, using silly nicknames or play any kind of game together. Don’t act all too serious in your relationship.
- Capitalize on a good news: When something good happens to your partner—a promotion, a completed degree course, a new car etc.. —seize the opportunity to make the most of it. Let your spouse know how much you are there to support him/her. Let the love flow.
- Look after yourself: You may think the best way to improve your relationship is to focus more on your partner, but that’s not always true. Investing in your own life and happiness will pay off, too. When you feel happy and joyful, it emanates out from you, and people generally feel attracted to happy people.
- Keep in touch with each other: Staying touch regularly with each other actually goes a long way in your relationship. You can both create ways to reach out to each other at all times.