Choosing the perfect wedding invitation can be overwhelming as choosing your wedding dress- an invitation sets the tone of the event and will undoubtedly become a treasured memento of your day.
So, to avoid any paper pitfalls, follow these tips from stationer Paper Shaker:
- A very important date: This is a biggie – before committing one drop of ink to paper, it’s vitally important to have the correct information. Confirm your wedding date, book the venues, double-check all addresses, phone numbers and web URLs – getting this right now will avoid costly reprinting.
- When, where and what to wear: Make sure you let your guests know exactly what they’re invited to. If there’s a dress code or theme, make it crystal clear to avoid any embarrassment.
- Reply to sender: Don’t hide your RSVP information, make it easy for guests to reply by letting them call, email or post their response. Specify an RSVP date then shout it loud. Knowing your numbers early will help you to plan efficiently and could save you time and money.
- Papers, scissors and internet: Traditional printers used to be a bride’s first port of call but now the internet offers some fantastic high-quality alternatives. Websites like paper-shaker.com allow you to create something no one else will have. You’ll find beautifully designed stationery that can be personalised and tweaked down to the finest detail. And unlike high street printers, most online retailers print and post designs to you in just a few days.
- Thanks in advance: It’s never too soon to think about thank-you cards, and planning them in advance means they’ll match your invites and saves you the hassle when you’re honeymooning.
Photo courtesy: etsy.com