The popular Afrobeat Musician ‘Lagbaja’ sang a beautiful song that no matter the condition we face in life, we should always put a smile on our faces.
It is one thing to smile and it is another thing to put a smile on someone else’s face. In other words, before we can convincingly say we want to put a smile on our spouse’s face, we ourselves must make sure we are happy.
Here are 4 beautiful reasons why we should smile with our spouse every day:
- Because you love your spouse: You love your man and he loves you. What is not to smile about? Even when you go through the rough edges in your marriage, a smile would ease so much burden and spark up some hidden stunts.
- Because you want to empower your spouse: Do you know that smiling can help reduce the level of stress enhancing hormones like cortisol, adrenaline, and dopamine, increase the level of mood-enhancing hormones like endorphin and reduce overall blood pressure. In conclusion, smiling is contagious, so becoming a smile inducer to your spouse will unleash all the health and life benefits that come from a powerful facial expression.
- Because you respect your spouse: Your spouse should be your number one priority in life after your creator, and one of the ways to show how much you respect him or her is to smile. When you smile, you are happy and when you are happy, he/she is happy.
- Because you desire him/her: One of the wonderful blessings about marriage is that you tend to share your physical and emotional intimacy with your spouse. When your spouse feels desired, it makes him/her excited to be an active part of the marriage.
- Because you want to have a happy day: Yea, this is simple, you want to make yourself happy right? Just make your spouse happy. When everyone is happy, there will be a room for productivity and advancement in all your endeavours.