A strong marriage requires loving your spouse even in those moments when they aren’t being lovable; it simply means you believe in your spouse even when he/she struggle to believe in himself/herself.
However, keeping a strong marriage does not come easy and also being a mother to your kids and a wife to your husband sure does not come as easy as it sounds.
As a wife, you are the keeper of your home because you are responsible for what is going in your home and also, have to be fully aware of what could possibly be trying to invade/distract your home as well.
In doing this successfully, there are important rules you must adapt yourself to because life itself does not come easy:
- Don’t expose your husband’s weaknesses to your family and friends. You are each other’s keeper.
- Never use attitudes and moods to communicate to your husband, you never know how your husband will interpret them.
- Never compare your husband to other men, you’ve no idea what their life is all about.
- Never assign anyone to give attention to your husband, people may do everything else but your husband is your own responsibility.
- Never be a wasting wife, your husband’s sweat is too precious to be wasted.
- Never pretend to be sick for the purpose of denying your husband bed right.
- Never shout or challenge your husband in front of children
- Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.
- Your parents or family or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don’t waste your time looking up to them for a final word.
- If your idea worked better than his, never compare yourself to him. Its always teamwork.
- Don’t associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage.
- Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord, love your children and teach them well.
- You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason.
- A prayerful wife is a better equipped wife, pray always for your husband and family.
- Don’t be too judgemental/suspicious of your husband.