When we talk about healthy relationship, we talk about mutual respect and trust between partners or couples. It is simply having that connection where you can both say yes I am in a sound and healthy relationship.
What do healthy relationships look like? Here are traits of it below:
- Partners can manage conflict and differences without despair or threats.
- Both partners protect and nourish the relationship and make it a priority (not addicted to work for example).
- Both partners know how to be responsible for own needs and also for the care of the relationship.
- Both partners feel “special” to the other. Arguments or fights do not lead to abuse or threatened break-ups.
- Both partners can communicate wants, needs, feelings, and emotional issues with little or no shame.
- The relationship feels and is nurturing, comfortable, and fun.
- Both partners attend to the needs of each other willingly and lovingly.
- The sexual relationship works well and is mutually satisfying.
- Both partners can and do keep agreements (maturity).
- There is no abuse: physical, verbal, emotional (ignoring).