Every bride and groom want to have a wedding of their dreams but before they walk down the aisle, there are some wedding secrets they should be aware of.
In this wedding planning video, Wura Manola explains 10 things the couple-to-be needs to know.
Read her thoughts and also watch the video embedded…Enjoy
These 10 things will help you change your perspective on wedding planning and allow you have a stress free wedding planning period. Also, if you have ever felt stressed, angry, frustrated about wedding planning this video will help you put things into perspective. I have been there and I wish someone shared these tips with me before I had my wedding 🙂 but now I get to share it with you!
See a quick summary below:
- Weddings are expensive: Make sure you have a financial plan before you start planning a wedding, make sure you can afford the wedding you’re about to plan. Stick to your wedding budget!
- You cannot please everyone: Especially if you come from a big home or you are Nigerian. Everyone will have a say at your wedding but you should only listen to your wedding planner, husband and parents ( maybe your mother-in-law too, better to have her on your side
- Weddings are stressful: They really are but keep your eyes on the end goal, which is your marriage and find ways to mitigate your stress
- Your wedding is not a priority to everyone: I could not stress this enough! People have a lot going on in their lives and they will forget to do things you told them to do or be sluggish about it, don’t let this get to you, keep cheering your wedding on!!
- You will have loads of arguments: Get ready, with your vendors, parents, and even your husband. But never let it get so bad that you push people away, it is just one day, try to compromise
- Compromising is key: Compromising is the key to a stress-free wedding, you cannot get your way 100% of the time. Meet your vendors, husband and wedding planner in the middle, don’t be a bridezilla
- Not everything will go as planned on your wedding day: This is life, things happen. if you have a great wedding planner and wedding coordinators then you have nothing to worry about. But be prepared, anything can happen, go into your wedding with the mindset that nothing will spoil your day 🙂
- Always have a plan B: This is so important, you need to be prepared just in case anything goes wrong. If you have a wedding planner, you have nothing to worry about, this is their job, to handle issues or problems that might arise
- The day goes really fast, make sure you soak it all in: Soak in every moment, trust me the day goes fast!
- The most important thing is your marriage: Through it all, everyone and everything will come and go but your marriage will remain. Focus on your marriage and enjoy the wedding day, if you don’t get what you want, it is okay the wedding day is just a day don’t sulk, the most important thing is your marriage.
Photo Courtesy: Alakija Studios